Tips for Purchasing a New Furnace in Anchorage or Mat-Su
Your heating system is likely one of the most used appliances or systems in your home. When you think about how hard it works to keep your family comfortable all year round, plus the cost associated with replacement, it only makes sense to do your homework when it comes to researching this piece of machinery. While it is always best to discuss your specific needs with a professional, you’ll find that these five tips can guide you towards making a smart decision on a new furnace.
- Size Matters – As a general rule, the bigger the furnace, the more expensive it will be. However, it doesn’t always pay to choose a smaller machine. Depending on the size of your heated space, a smaller furnace may not have the power necessary to keep it warm. Not only will it be harder to keep your family comfortable, but you may find that it actually costs you more to run since it will have to operate nearly continuously! Measure your heated space and use this information when choosing a new furnace.
- Compare Fuel Types – Do you want a gas or oil-fueled furnace? Discuss the options with a professional for a better idea of which would be more economical for your particular home. The answer can vary greatly even within the same geographical area.
- Think About Efficiency – Spending a little extra for an energy-efficient furnace can pay off in a big way. You’ll spend less each month on your utility bills and the difference in cost may be made up very quickly. Plus, you’ll feel good about doing your part to reduce your carbon footprint.
- Consider the Quiet Factor – There are certain features that make some furnaces louder than others. If you need or want a quieter machine (such as if you have napping children or run a business out of the home) a variable speed model may be a good investment.
- Upgrading Now Makes Sense – If you’ve been thinking about upgrading to zoned heating or installing a programmable thermostat, doing it at the same time as you install a new furnace may be a cost-efficient option.
If you’d like to talk to an HVAC expert in Anchorage or the Mat-Su Valley, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at KLEBS. We would love to show you the latest in furnace technology as well as energy-efficient models that can save you money. Our goal is always to make sure you have the equipment you need to keep warm and comfortable, plus service to back it up – at a price you can afford.