Preparing Your HVAC System for Spring and Summer
Spring is on its way, and for many of us in the Anchorage and Mat-su areas, it couldn’t come too soon! One of the biggest benefits of springtime weather is the reduction in the use of your heater. It will be nice to see those energy bills go down for sure. However, as the season warms it is a great time to consider maintenance on this system – that way when the temperatures start falling again you’re ready to go. Here are a few tips we’ve put together to help you prepare your summer HVAC system for the more temperate months ahead.
- Continue to Change Your Filters – Even as you run your system less, your filters will still collect dust and impurities in the air. Don’t forget to change your filter to keep your furnace running economically and your air fresh and clean.
- Check Your Outside Unit – As the snow melts and you can get around outdoors a bit better, check your outdoor unit and make sure there are no major faults or damage. You may want to take the opportunity to sweep away any debris too, to avoid future problems.
- Check Your Ductwork – Check out your ductwork and look for any holes or gaps that may need repair. In addition, if you think it is time to have the ducts cleaned, having the work completed in the off-season makes sense as it may be easier to find a technician with the time to complete the job quickly.
- Clean Up Around Indoor Unit – Your furnace cannot function properly and may actually be dangerous to run if you are crowding the unit with your clutter. Take time to clean up the area surrounding your unit; sweep and dust to keep it working smoothly and safely.
- Schedule Professional Maintenance – There is no substitute for quality, professional maintenance. Call the pros and let them give your system an end-of-season once over. The price to pay is minimal when compared to what you’ll pay if your unit requires major repair in the future. And if you join our hassle-free KLEBS Care program, which includes regular maintenance and discounts, you’ll save money, stress and more!
While you may see spring as the time when you have less reliance on your heater, in reality, it is the perfect time to give it a little extra attention. If you have any questions about springtime maintenance or you would like one of our technicians to come and check out our system, reach out to us a KLEBS today. We make your home and family our #1 priority.