Mechanical Upgrades Port Alsworth ￼Port Alsworth
|Owner:||National Park Service|
|General Contractor:||KLEBS Mechanical, Inc.|
|Engineer:||National Park Service|
|Project Duration:||September 2018 – December 2018|
Relevant Team Members:
Project Manager: Michael Hunsicker
Plumbing Operations Supervisor: Randy Switzer
Sheetmetal Operations Supervisor: Shannon Massey
The purpose of this contract was to make mechanical upgrades to facilities located in Lake Clark National Park & Preserve (LACL), Port Alsworth, Alaska. The proposed mechanical upgrades included boiler replacements, and other facility heating system improvements in PT-1 Bly House, PT-2 Point Apartment Building, PA-4 Housing Unit, PA-1 Headquarters Building and PA Hangar Facility.
- Remove existing oil-fired boilers, valves, circulation pumps, expansion tanks and glycol lines.
- Demolish, cap, and abandon existing flue for backup boilers.
- Install new housekeeping pads for new boilers.
- Furnish and install new boilers with internal cast iron heat exchangers.
- Install new brass manifolds with balancing valves, thermometers, thermal actuators, vent drain and end camps. Tie into existing hydronic distribution system.
- Furnish and install glycol tanks.
- Furnish and install new expansion tanks.