It’s Spring break-up season in Alaska. At this time each year, many of us are reminded of our allergies which lay dormant during the winter months. Fits of sneezing, bouts of coughing, and runny noses may make us almost wish the snow would return! Almost.
There is one thing you can do for your Spring allergies that may cut through the coughs and will certainly improve your indoor air quality–get your HVAC system cleaned! Your HVAC system, whether a forced air furnace, air conditioner, or both, has been collecting common allergens all winter long. It is ready for a Spring cleaning.
Ready for a Spring cleaning? We can clean your forced air furnace or air conditioner. Give us a call!
Common Allergens in HVAC Systems
When allergens build up in your HVAC system, they are circulated throughout your home, worsening your Spring allergies. Here are just a few of the allergens you can expect to find in a dirty forced air furnace or air conditioner:
- Pollen – The worst!
- Pet Dander – Hello, dog and cat allergies.
- Dust, Dust, and More Dust – This is 100% pure Alaskan glacial silt at its finest.
- Germs – Yes, these reside in the pollen, pet dander, and dust.
- Mold, Mildew, and Fungus – Your HVAC can become a fertile environment if dirty enough.
Causing More Than Spring Allergies
The allergens circulated by a dirty HVAC system can affect more than just Spring allergies. They can cause or worsen:
- Cold Symptoms – Include coughing, sneezing, sore throat, runny nose, etc.
- Sinus Infections – The germs in the air can get in your sinuses and cause an infection.
- Asthma Attacks – The allergens can increase and lengthen painful attacks.
- Respiratory Infections – Particulate in the air can get into the lungs and cause a respiratory infection.
- Eczema, Rashes, or Hives – These allergens can worsen skin issues of all kinds.
- Feeling Run-Down – Allergens make your immune system work to fight them, making you tired.
- Stress Levels – From all of that dusting, of course!
To add sneezing and coughing to the meltdown of Spring break-up in Alaska only makes this time of year more challenging. The allergens circulated by a dirty HVAC system are no joke! If you are experiencing worsened allergies or any of the symptoms above and you think your HVAC system may be ready for a Spring cleaning, give us a call at KLEBS Mechanical! We have been proudly serving Anchorage and the Mat-Su Valley, cleaning many dirty, residential HVAC systems each Spring break-up for over 30 years. Our team would be more than happy to help you out.