You probably take your vehicle in for a regular oil change and scheduled maintenance services, so why are you ignoring your home? There are plenty of areas of your house that can benefit from proper maintaining, but two of the most important are the two biggest systems–your plumbing and HVAC. Before you push crucial plumbing and heating maintenance to the side, consider these five reasons you should schedule regular servicing.
- They are the Cornerstones of Your Home – HVAC and plumbing systems are what keep your home comfortable and livable. If you realize that they are like the engine that runs your car, you’ll be more likely to want to treat it with the same care.
- You’ll Spend Less on Repairs – Yes, there are costs involved with maintenance. However, when you compare those to what major repairs cost you’ll come out far ahead. As the old saying goes, “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” In addition, you’re paying on a scheduled and expected basis, instead of getting hit with a repair bill at an inconvenient time.
- Maintenance Extends the Life of Plumbing and HVAC Equipment – When you have this equipment maintained on a regular basis, you’re adding to the effective life. It will likely be a longer time before equipment must be replaced–saving you money on those expensive replacements.
- You Can Save on Utilities – A well-maintained system is not only less likely to break, it is going to run more efficiently too. Why spend more on electricity, gas or water than you need to? Maintain your system and save on those monthly bills. Plus, you can feel good about utilizing fewer natural resources as well.
- Protect Your Home’s Value – Whether you plan to sell your property in the near future or not, the value of it matters. A home or business with a documented track record of maintenance will retain more value than one that isn’t cared for properly. This means getting professional maintenance is key–as you’ll be able to show any interested buyer down the line that you did everything in your power to keep things running smoothly.
As you can see, proper maintenance is a valuable thing for homeowners, and those in charge of business properties too. If you have any questions or concerns about keeping your plumbing or heating systems in tip-top shape, reach out to us at KLEBS Mechanical today. We are proud to be your maintenance partner!